Karen Kang presents Branding Pays
The Five-Step System to Reinvent Your Personal Brand
30th May 2013 Event of SIPA
Thanks to social media and extreme job competition, your image has never been more important. A changing world makes a strategic personal brand the single factor that will make or break your next career opportunity.
In 2013, you need to reinvent your brand or be left behind.
Karen will present key personal branding concepts and templates with tips that can help accelerate career opportunities. You will be inspired and empowered to develop your own personal brand. Through personal anecdotes and concrete examples, you will learn what it takes to brand yourself from the inside out.
In this informative seminar, you will learn:
This will be in a workshop format followed by Q&A. There will also be a book signing by Karen. You can buy the book BrandingPays at a discount for attendees.
- Why personal branding is a requirement in today’s changing world
- A proven 5-step system for strategic personal branding with examples
- Important personal branding lessons from well-known leaders
- How to identify your Cake and Icing (rational value and emotional value) for a winning brand
- How to develop clear and compelling messages for online and offline branding
- Thursday, May 30, 2013, 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
- 1.5 hour personal branding workshop with Q&A, followed by book signing.
- 1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- HP Palo Alto Campus - Spyglass Conference Room (Building 3 Lobby)
- Members - Free
- Non Members - $20
- Walk in - $25
If you choose to become a member, the monthly events are free but you still need to register for the event.
About the Speaker
Deemed "the master of personal branding" by marketing visionary Regis McKenna, Karen Kang (www.brandingpays.com) is the author of BrandingPays: The Five-Step System to Reinvent Your Personal Brand (January 2013). In it, she translates tried and true Silicon Valley branding lessons to "companies of one," helping individuals, graduates, and entrepreneurs accelerate their career success.
Kang has trained thousands of professionals on the unique BrandingPays™ System for personal branding, and has consulted to more than 150 organizations from Fortune 100 companies to non-profits and startups. Prior to her personal branding work, she was a partner at legendary marketing firm Regis McKenna, Inc., that helped launch the Apple, Intel and Genentech brands.
Follow her on Twitter @karenkang, at www.facebook.com/brandingpays and at www.brandingpays.com/blog.